CROSSWORD No 103
1. A slight degree of difference in the intensity of a colour. A regular stride.
2. Chopper. The fundamental qualities of a person or thing.
3. A custodian of a museum or gallery collection. Neither.
4. Never finishing. You and me.
5. Used in writing to mean 'and'. A boy or young man. Any metal regarded as cheap or flimsy.
6. One more than nine. A male offspring of an animal. The symbol for the chemical element carbon.
7. Pronoun used to refer to himself or herself. Relating to trousers.
8. The lowest cardinal number. In force, live.
9. The past tense of strike. To cease all biological activity permanently.
10. A person or thing that is difficult to see and identify clearly. Support.
1. The past participle of take. A small flowerless plant that typically grow in dense green clumps or mats, often in damp or shady locations.
2. Plural form of ox. One of ten equal parts of something.
3. A pointed slender piece of metal, with a hole in it through which thread is passed for sewing. A period of history or a long period of time.
4. The fifth letter of the English alphabet. A living organism of the kind exemplified by trees, shrubs, herbs, grasses, ferns, and mosses. At a higher or further level or position in or on.
5. A requirement. Compete.
6. In Roman mythology, the god of war. A garment for the foot and lower part of the leg, typically knitted from wool, cotton, or nylon.
7. The symbol for astatine. Strong and thick. Symbol for hydrogen.
8. Move at a speed faster than a walk. The inner side or surface of something.
9. A circular ornamental headdress worn by a monarch as a symbol of authority. Profoundly immoral and wicked.
10. In this spot. Move slowly and carefully in order to avoid being heard or noticed.