CROSSWORD No 117
1. Make someone or something late or slow. A sturdy item of footwear covering the foot and ankle, and sometimes also the lower leg.
2. A select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society. Everyone.
3. To inquire about. Rarely encountered.
4. Plural form of foot. Used to express agreement or acceptance. Objetive form of we.
5. Producing or capable of producing much noise. A naturally occurring solid material from which a metal or valuable mineral can be extracted profitably.
6. Utter, speak. A sweet, juicy fruit which is narrow near its stalk, and wider and rounded at the bottom.
7. Otherwise. Render. The seventh largest planet of the solar system and the fourth in distance from the sun.
8. An income sufficient to live on or the means of earning it. Adverb used to give the next word or group of words a negative meaning.
9. The largest of the world's continents. The shape formed by two such lines or planes.
10. Existing in fact and not imaginary. Having or being a slope or gradient approaching the perpendicular.
1. Lacking the power of hearing. Relating to or determined by the sun.
2. Different, instead. Become apparent.
3. Such as well might happen or be true. By way of, through.
4. Preposition. Used before a verb to show that it is in the infinitive. A face of a clock or watch that is marked to show units of time.
5. Affirmative response. More formal term for on.
6. A system of words, letters, figures, or symbols used to represent others, especially for the purposes of secrecy. One of the four fundamental states of matter.
7. A bird's horny projecting jaws. Amplitude modulation. Abbreviation for New Testament.
8. A long pole with a wide, flat part at one end, used for rowing a boat. A large round juicy citrus fruit with a tough bright reddish-yellow rind.
9. Happen, take place. An actor's part in a play, film, etc.
10. Plural form of this. A stage in a gradual process.