CROSSWORD No 125
1. A wall built across a river that stops the river's flow and collects the water. A sum of money that is owed or due.
2. Heavy metal or similar rock music. Watches.
3. The symbol for arsenic. The time before the moment of speaking or writing. An exclamation expressing pleasure, pain, sympathy, etc.
4. The region of the atmosphere and outer space seen from the earth. Rough.
5. A consonant. Rock or earth from which metal can be obtained. Digit of the foot.
6. Of the proper quality or extent. A tract of open ground. Tesla.
7. A person who commits piracy. Free from moisture or liquid.
8. A pronoun. A substance used with water for washing and cleaning. Short for Internet Protocol.
9. A sound that is heard after it has been reflected off a surface such as a wall or a cliff. Having many dark or exposed areas.
10. Clue. Gobbled.
1. Having an effect on or involving a large number of people or forming a large amount. A baked dish of fruit, or meat and vegetables, typically with a top and base of pastry.
2. A piece of furniture with a flat or sloping surface and typically with drawers, at which one can read, write, or do other work. Trench.
3. Preposition to indicate the place or event where something happens or is situated. Belonging to you. An informal word for hello.
4. A diagrammatic representation of an area of land or sea showing physical features, cities, roads, etc. A cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event.
5. A delicate fabric made of yarn or thread in an open weblike pattern. A preposition expressing motion in the direction of a particular location. Tesla.
6. The Roman numeral for 500. Therefore. To control a group of people, a country, or a situation.
7. A large area of land in the country which is owned by a person, family, or organization. A spherical green seed that is eaten as a vegetable.
8. The symbol for beryllium. A long, hard surface built for vehicles to travel along. Abbreviation for New Testament.
9. To make jokes about someone. Move from a lower position to a higher one.
10. A pronoun. Characters or letters that are printed or shown on a screen.