CROSSWORD No 139
1. Move or cause to move into a sloping position. A journey for pleasure in which several different places are visited.
2. Phosphorus. Mariner, seaman. One.
3. Increase a level or amount. Sapling. Used as an informal greeting.
4. To make or become fast or secure. Finished first.
5. Able to act or be done as one wishes. One of two very similar things.
6. Defy or challenge someone to do something. A part of an object or surface.
7. A container for holding drink, especially beer. Take into custody.
8. Functioning. Thing, article, object. A preposition.
9. North. Not seen or noticed. The Roman numeral for 1,000.
10. The darker stage of twilight. To fall or to allow something to fall.
1. A short, explosive burst of breath or wind. A small body of still water formed naturally or by artificial means.
2. The 20th letter of the English alphabet. The action of forgiving or being forgiven for an error or offence. Uranium.
3. Short for Islamic State. Arrange for someone to sit somewhere. United States.
4. Occurring or situated nearer to the end of something than to the beginning. A coloured fluid or paste used for writing, drawing, printing, or duplicating.
5. Feel or cause to feel in need of rest or sleep. Provisions.
6. The past tense of lend. A tall, slender-leaved plant of the grass family, which grows in water or on marshy ground.
7. Any one of the digits of the foot. A device for warming something.
8. A coordinating conjunction. Metal drawn out into the form of a thin flexible thread or rod. The chemical element nobelium.
9. Uranium. Trustworthy. Phosphorus.
10. Water that falls from the clouds in small drops. The smallest particle of a chemical element that can exist.