CROSSWORD No 146
1. An arm or leg of a person or four-legged animal, or a bird's wing. Not severe, serious, or harsh.
2. Vowel. A long, narrow strip of fabric, used for tying something or for decoration. The fifth letter of the alphabet.
3. Amplitude modulation. A group of players forming one side in a competitive game or sport. Abbreviation for id est.
4. To make or become fast or secure. Finish, conclude.
5. Perceive with the eyes. An animal related to sheep that usually has horns and a beard.
6. An open pastry case containing a sweet or savoury filling. Utilize.
7. The bottom edge of a piece of cloth, folded up and sewn, on an item of clothing. To go to an event, place, etc.
8. Conjunction used to connect different possibilities. A flexible or spring-loaded device for holding an object or objects together or in place. Render.
9. Vowel. An edible meaty nut with a hard, wrinkled shell. Minute(s).
10. Having or showing eagerness or enthusiasm. A modulation of the voice expressing a particular feeling or mood.
1. A shaped mass of baked bread. A curved or angled piece of metal for catching, pulling, or suspending something.
2. The first person singular pronoun. Teacher, mentor. The fifth letter of the alphabet.
3. A title used before a surname or full name to address or refer to a man without a higher or honorific or professional title. Joint, junction. They and I.
4. Having a sharp, pungent taste or smell. Be able to.
5. A yellow and black flying insect that makes honey and can sting you. Of great or more than average height.
6. A sudden loud, sharp noise. A soft, malleable, ductile and highly crystalline silvery-white metal.
7. Mother. The action or process of producing something.
8. A preposition. Absence of rigidity or discomfort. Used with the base form of a verb to indicate that the verb is in the infinitive.
9. The Roman numeral for 50. To have as a plan or purpose. The fourteenth letter of the alphabet.
10. An action that is performed intentionally or consciously. A round roof.