CROSSWORD No 149
1. Try to find something by looking or otherwise seeking carefully and thoroughly. A domesticated pig, especially a castrated male reared for slaughter.
2. Become less serious or severe. Satisfying one's conception of what is perfect.
3. The process of growing old. Variant form of "on to".
4. Not on time. A reflection of sound that arrives at the listener with a delay after the direct sound.
5. To exist or live. Reddish-pink in colour. Minute(s).
6. Used to mean zero. A small solid mass without definite shape. Belonging to me.
7. Referring to a specific thing just mentioned. Other, different.
8. Timbre, sound. Constituting number nine in a sequence.
9. A musical play in which most of the words are sung. An adult female horse.
10. The plural of man. The main evening meal.
1. The expanse of salt water that covers most of the earth's surface and surrounds its land masses. The lowest or deepest part of something.
2. A large, strong bird with a curved beak that eats meat and can see very well. A feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen.
3. The largest of the world's continents. Yarn, thread, or cloth made of flax.
4. A tenant's regular payment to a landlord for the use of property or land. A person who uses or operates something.
5. The Roman numeral for 100. A microorganism, especially one which causes disease. Adverb used in comparisons to refer to the degree of something.
6. An informal word for hello. Move a door or window so as to leave a space allowing access and vision. The chemical symbol for uranium.
7. The third person singular in the present tense of do. Soft, flaccid.
8. For this reason. Emit a sudden, sharp cracking sound.
9. Vow. The fundamental unit of length in the metric system, equal to 100 centimetres.
10. Dark or poorly lit, especially so as to appear depressing or frightening. Belonging to a girl.