CROSSWORD No 163
1. Adverb used in comparisons to refer to the extent or degree of something. The opposite to the east. The first person singular of the present tense of be.
2. A part or character in a play, film, etc. A large musical instrument with a row of black and white keys that are pressed to play notes.
3. The fifth letter of the English alphabet. Join or fasten something to something else. A vowel.
4. Appropriate or suitable. A coloured fluid or paste used for writing, drawing, printing, or duplicating. United States.
5. A row of people or things. A narrow road, especially in the country.
6. Having no companions. Exam.
7. Refers to a nonhuman, animal, plant, or inanimate thing. Form of be. A male offspring.
8. Minute(s). A large round juicy citrus fruit with a tough bright reddish-yellow rind. The highest class of academic mark.
9. Situated inside or further in. The smallest particle of a chemical element that can exist.
10. Preposition used before a verb to show that it is in the infinitive. The colour of blood or fire, in the plural form. Abbreviation for 'high explosive'.
1. A part of an object or surface. The greatest amount, extent, or degree of something that is possible.
2. Therefore. A plan made in secret by a group of people to do something illegal or harmful. Negative.
3. The language of ancient Rome. Operating.
4. Covered in water or another liquid. Closer.
5. The fifth letter of the English alphabet. A long, thin piece of material that is worn under a shirt collar and tied in a knot at the front. Uncommon.
6. The period of time that sometimes exists or happens. The base of the decimal numeral system. The fourth letter of the alphabet.
7. To touch someone lightly with your fingers, making them slightly uncomfortable and often making them laugh. A substance like air that is neither liquid nor solid and burns easily.
8. An exclamation expressing pleasure, pain, sympathy, etc. A useful or valuable thing or person.
9. The form of 'a' used before an initial vowel sound. An archaic word for to. Exclamation used to express a range of emotions including surprise, anger, disappointment, or joy.
10. A small rodent that typically has a pointed snout, relatively large ears and eyes, and a long tail. A word or term by which a person or thing is commonly and distinctively known.