CROSSWORD No 171
1. Cicatrix. Violently break something into pieces.
2. Phosphorus. Obligations. Yttrium.
3. Short for Internet Protocol. Put in order. Ante meridiem.
4. Have a specified flavour. Receive money in return for work that you do.
5. Epoch, age. The part of a spectacle frame surrounding the lenses.
6. Dark. Dive, plunge.
7. Unaccompanied. Guide, direct.
8. Physically in contact with and supported by a surface. A garden tool consisting of a row of metal or wooden teeth attached to a long handle. Extremely, very much.
9. The symbol for nitrogen. A stage of romantic relationships in humans whereby two people meet socially. The twenty-second letter of the alphabet.
10. A woman's long scarf or shawl worn loosely over the shoulders. Ripped.
1. Maliciousness involving the desire to harm another. Male descendants.
2. The symbol for carbon. The action of forgiving or being forgiven for an error or offence. Temperature.
3. Short for advertisement. A piece of material extended on a mast to catch the wind and propel a boat or ship or other vessel. Render.
4. Corrode, oxidize. Ethical.
5. Any one of the digits of the foot. The past tense of eat.
6. A title of honour placed before the name of a knight or baronet. One of a pair of wood, metal, or plastic runners that are used for gliding over snow.
7. A device that measures the amount of something that is used. Outdoor shelter.
8. Preposition used to refer to the function or character that someone or something has. An assistant to an important person, especially a political leader. Travel.
9. Symbol for second. Military forces. The eighteenth letter of the alphabet.
10. A religious song that Christians sing in church. Demonstrate the truth or existence of something by evidence or argument.