CROSSWORD No 184
1. Chew and swallow. A word or form that expresses more than one.
2. Snare. A genre of classical music.
3. Not given to lying, cheating, stealing, etc. A small number of something.
4. Third person singular present of be. The largest country in the world.
5. Come or bring to an end. In operation. The Roman numeral for 100.
6. A consonant. Preposition used to mark the infinitive of a verb. Recently made or obtained.
7. High respect. You and I.
8. The form of the pronoun he, used as a direct or indirect object. Genuine.
9. To get out of bed. Clothes, dress.
10. Constituting number two in a sequence. Attempt.
1. Moral code. The third person singular of the present tense of have.
2. Appeared, emerged. Rent, lease.
3. Pale yellowish-brown in colour. Relating to atoms.
4. An individual human being. To such an extent.
5. In chess, symbol for pawn. Take legal action against. To make something change to a position that is not closed.
6. Large amount. The short, fine, soft hair of certain animals. The second note in the scale of C major.
7. From a lower to a higher point of something. Mental suffering caused by loss, disappointment, etc.
8. To make fine or pure. Tame.
9. District, region, zone. Promise under oath.
10. A rule defining correct procedure or behaviour in a sport. A small, soft round stone fruit that is typically bright or dark red.