CROSSWORD No 186
1. One of the smaller areas of ocean. The part of your body that you sit on.
2. A large, strong bird with a curved beak that eats meat and can see very well. A feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen.
3. The largest of the world's continents. A kind of cloth that is made from a plant called flax.
4. To pay or receive a fixed amount of money for the use of a room, house, car, television, etc. A person who uses or operates something.
5. A widely used programming language. A microorganism, especially one which causes disease. The symbol for arsenic.
6. Hello. Allowing access, passage, or a view through an empty space. A vowel.
7. The third person singular in the present tense of do. Without energy or vigour.
8. As a consequence. Emit a sudden, sharp cracking sound.
9. A sworn declaration, such as the promise to tell the truth, in a court of law. 100 centimetres.
10. Dark or poorly lit, especially so as to appear depressing or frightening. Belonging to a girl.
1. Try to find something by looking or otherwise seeking carefully and thoroughly. Pig, swine.
2. Facility. A principle, idea, or standard that seems very good and worth trying to achieve.
3. The process of growing old. Used about changing to, or starting to talk about, a different subject.
4. Near the end. A reflection of sound that arrives at the listener with a delay after the direct sound.
5. To exist or live. A flower. Male.
6. A human blood type of the ABO group. A small solid mass without definite shape. Belonging to or associated with the speaker.
7. Referring to a specific thing just mentioned. Otherwise.
8. Tonality. Constituting number nine in a sequence.
9. Plural form of opus. The female of a horse.
10. Plural form of man. A small meal eaten in the late evening.