CROSSWORD No 187
1. A polite word or sign of welcome or recognition.
2. Volt(s). Any person or people. The symbol for sulphur.
3. To one side. Moving or capable of moving at high speed.
4. Ruddy. A colourless, transparent, odourless liquid.
5. A pronoun. A large bird with a very long neck. The symbol for nobelium.
6. Preposition. One of the four cardinal directions. Inside.
7. Stomach, abdomen. A domesticated pig, especially a castrated male reared for slaughter.
8. Guide, conduct. A smooth, rounded bead, formed within the shells of oysters, valued as a gem.
9. In music, it is the third note in the scale of C major. Of the present or recent times. The twenty-fifth letter of the alphabet.
10. A drink made from lemon juice, sugar, and water.
1. Not consistent or having a fixed pattern.
2. The fifth note in the scale of C major. Couch. Large (as a clothes size).
3. Assault. Crippled.
4. Finish. Not often, rarely.
5. Each of a pair of globular organs of sight. A road, track, or path for travelling along. Create, produce.
6. Preposition: 'as far as'. Existed (He). An instrument for writing or drawing with ink.
7. A very young child or baby. A period of time of which particular events or stages of development are typical.
8. Tidy and smart. The part of the body at the end of the arm that is used for holding, moving, touching, and feeling things.
9. The fifth note in the scale of C major. Older in years. In music, it is the third note in the scale of C major.
10. With great power or strength.