CROSSWORD No 188
1. Quarry. Mix a substance with another substance so that they combine together.
2. A familiar form of address for any male. An animal with smooth fur, sharp teeth, and a large, flat tail.
3. Feeling or showing strong annoyance, displeasure, or hostility. The right that someone in authority has to forbid something.
4. Concept. A metal container used for cooking food in. Penny or pence.
5. Not. A determiner. Television.
6. Abbreviation for manuscript. A system of chronology dating from a particular event. Has existence.
7. In music, it is the third note in the scale of C major. Shed tears, typically as an expression of distress, pain, or sorrow. To pause for a short time while travelling or during an activity.
8. Region, zone. Very large mammal that live in the sea.
9. The soft movable part inside your mouth which you use for tasting, eating, and speaking. A thin piece of metal with a sharp point at one end and a round head at the other, used for fastening pieces of cloth, paper, etc.
10. Clean an area by brushing away dirt or litter. To give something to someone for a short period of time, expecting it to be given back.
1. Simple or basic in character. Third person singular of the present tense of the verb to eat.
2. Haphazard. A number of people or things in a more or less straight line.
3. The side of a blade that cuts. The place where an incident in real life or fiction occurs or occurred.
4. Yttrium. Betrayer. Extreme or violent anger.
5. Near to or next to. Exclamation used to attract attention. Towards a higher place or position.
6. The English copular verb. Through. You and I.
7. The very hot liquid rock that comes out of a volcano. The nonvolatile products and residue formed when matter is burnt. Litre(s).
8. A thing that happens or takes place, especially one of importance. A recording on a cassette or reel.
9. Antonym of gross. A stringed musical instrument of treble pitch, played with a horsehair bow.
10. Let or make something fall vertically. To give money as a payment for something.