CROSSWORD No 193
1. Planks, panels.
2. One of the periods into which a year is divided at school, college, or university. Adverb used with an auxiliary verb or 'be' to form the negative.
3. A small bubble in or on a liquid. A cold dish of raw vegetables, served with a dressing.
4. Place, fit, or push something into something else. Mineral.
5. A consonant. A cavalry unit corresponding to a company of infantry. Abbreviation for television.
6. Short for Internet Protocol. A quantity or amount sold. The symbol for oxygen.
7. Nowadays. Say again.
8. Crystal. Containing little colour or pigment.
9. A system of chronology dating from a particular event. Hades.
10. Ascending or descending set of steps.
1. Scathing, mordant.
2. The base of the decimal numeral system. Each of the ends of the axis of the earth.
3. A brutal, uncivilized, or filthy person. Armed conflicts.
4. Commands. The past tense of sit.
5. Ante meridiem. The calls of lions. One single.
6. The eighteenth letter of the alphabet. A long scarf or shawl, worn by women. Exclamation used as an informal greeting, usually to people who you know.
7. Deoxyribonucleic acid. A pungent hot-tasting powder prepared from dried and ground peppercorns, used as a spice or condiment to flavour food.
8. Alone. Stamps.
9. A pastry case often having no top crust, with a sweet or savoury filling. The entire.
10. To apply something to a particular purpose.