CROSSWORD No 209
1. An animal that is hunted and killed by another for food. Help, typically of a practical nature.
2. Verbal. Interior, inside.
3. Shortest, smallest. Perceive with the eyes.
4. Carry out. A movement of part of the body, especially a hand or the head, to express an idea or meaning.
5. Having a level surface. Conjunction used after a negative verb to mean not one thing and also not another. A consonant.
6. Used more generally to represent a number that is not known or exact. Operating. A perennial plant with an elongated stem, or trunk, supporting branches and leaves.
7. A strong feeling deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others. Not at all.
8. Existed (He). Closer.
9. Informer. A round roof.
10. Come or bring to a final point. The physical structure, including the bones, flesh, and organs, of a person or an animal.
1. Aged. Newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent events.
2. Evidence or argument establishing a fact or the truth of a statement. A person's long flowing hair.
3. Uncooked. Set free.
4. Graceful and stylish in appearance or manner. An advertisement.
5. The 25th letter. Group, collection. A colored liquid used for writing, drawing, etc.
6. Of, belonging to, or associated in some way with it. The lower end, tip, or point of something. The seventh note of the diatonic scale of C major.
7. Used instead of 'a'. Twister, whirlwind.
8. Assure. A straight slender shoot, stem, or cane of a woody plant.
9. A hoofed grazing or browsing animal, with branched bony antlers that are shed annually and typically borne only by the male. Rival.
10. A tall, slender-leaved plant of the grass family, which grows in water or on marshy ground. Rock or earth from which metal can be obtained.