CROSSWORD No 21
1. The past tense of make.
2. A pronoun. Absence of difficulty or effort.
3. A thing or person that is very popular or successful. A very large ball of burning gas in space that is usually seen from the earth as a point of light in the sky at night.
4. A boy or man in relation to his parents. The symbol for beryllium. The first and third person singular of the past tense of be.
5. Alphabetical characters. The fifteenth letter of the alphabet.
6. Oxygen. The tenth month of the year.
7. The ability to use words in a clever and humorous way. Adverb used in comparisons to refer to the degree of something. Organ of sight.
8. An old-fashioned, poetic, or religious word for 'you' when you are talking to only one person. A yellow and black flying insect that makes honey and can sting you.
9. Stitches. Conjunction used to link two or more words, groups, or clauses.
10. To give something to someone for a short period of time, expecting it to be given back.
1. Low speed.
2. A covering for the foot, typically made of leather, having a sturdy sole and not reaching above the ankle. Belonging to or associated with a thing previously mentioned or easily identified.
3. A slight or indirect indication or suggestion. A determiner.
4. The past tense of meet. In the direction of. A nocturnal bird of prey with large eyes, a facial disc, a hooked beak, and typically a loud hooting call.
5. Vowel. For the reason that.
6. Sweet courses eaten at the end of meals. The fourteenth letter of the alphabet.
7. Chew and swallow. After that. Unpleasant, harmful, or undesirable.
8. A hand tool for cutting wood. The past participle of be.
9. Epoch, age. Having eyes of the type or number specified.
10. Painful or aching.