CROSSWORD No 219
1. A piece of old cloth which you can use to clean or wipe things. Guidance or recommendations offered with regard to prudent future action.
2. East or Eastern. Borders. Operating.
3. Display, monitor. The past tense of hide.
4. A flat piece of plastic or metal with narrow pointed teeth along one side, which you use to tidy your hair. Unlocked.
5. At the top. In the time following. A human blood type.
6. East or Eastern. Direct. Preposition used to mark the infinitive of a verb.
7. Give the impression of being something or having a particular quality. A mark on the skin which is left after a wound has healed.
8. A baked dish of fruit, or meat and vegetables, typically with a top and base of pastry. Into a ship.
9. Preposition used to show an exact position or particular place. Adhere. East or Eastern.
10. Became accustomed. The sense of hearing.
1. Save someone from a dangerous or difficult situation. A compact mass of soft material.
2. The highest class of academic mark. A police officer. Situation, locality.
3. A microorganism, especially one which causes disease. Discern visually. Used more generally to represent a number that is not known or exact.
4. Discussion. Compact disc.
5. A distinct period of history. Relating to women.
6. Indicate, show. Offer, proposal.
7. Abbreviation for versus. A human being regarded as an individual.
8. Personal pronoun. Belonging to a girl. A structure of bars or wires in which birds or other animals are confined.
9. A flat disc or piece of metal with an official stamp, used as money. A thick black sticky substance that is used especially for making roads. The highest class of academic mark.
10. Finish, conclude. A band or margin around or along the edge of something.