CROSSWORD No 220
1. Nearer. Make or cause to make a light explosive sound.
2. Roentgen. Relating to a navy. Pronoun used to refer to himself or herself.
3. The first person singular of the present tense of be. A sum of money paid into a bank or building society account.
4. Used to give an affirmative response. True or correct as a fact.
5. A preposition. Breathe one's last. Symbol for second.
6. The fourteenth letter of the alphabet. Appropriate or suitable. Penny.
7. Released, liberated. Through.
8. Withdraw. Preposition used before a verb to show that it is in the infinitive.
9. Otherwise. A room at the top of a house just below the roof. The symbol for potassium.
10. Deoxyribonucleic acid. Feel or manipulate with the hands.
1. A pencil or stick of coloured chalk or wax, used for drawing. Bar, stick.
2. The Roman numeral for 50. Plural form of man. A green plant with long stems, leaves like feathers, and no flowers.
3. Physically in contact with and supported by a surface. To begin doing something. The first letter.
4. Feeling sorrow. A dramatic work in one or more acts, set to music for singers and instrumentalists.
5. At all times, always. Dentition.
6. Quick, fast. Information.
7. Reasoning. A soft, malleable, ductile and highly crystalline silvery-white metal.
8. Abbreviation for page. A farm animal with thick wool that eats grass and is kept for its wool, skin, and meat. Compact disc.
9. Leave out or exclude. Network. The Roman numeral for 50.
10. A domestic or tamed animal kept for companionship or pleasure. Blow, hit.