CROSSWORD No 39
1. Base. A sheet of material attached to a pole on a boat to catch the wind and make the boat move.
2. Vowel. Happening or starting from a short time ago. The fifth note in the scale of C major.
3. Not at all. A country that has agreed officially to give help and support to another one, especially during a war. Exist.
4. A sudden strong pull on something. In the event that. A type of road vehicle used for transporting goods or people.
5. A device or hole for catching animals. Shipped.
6. The period of time that sometimes exists or happens. Comprising the whole number or amount.
7. A wide, open, deep, typically round container with a flat bottom used for holding liquids, growing plants, etc. Preposition used to show how something is done. Not two or more.
8. Preposition used to show an exact or a particular time. Physical injury, especially that which is deliberately inflicted. Amplitude modulation.
9. Pronoun that refers to the speaker or writer. A building where objects of historical, scientific, or artistic interest are kept. Indefinite article, used before an initial consonant.
10. A word that has the same last sound as another word. Signify.
1. To pay or receive a fixed amount of money for the use of a room, house, car, television, etc. One of the steps in a flight of stairs.
2. The fifteenth letter of the alphabet. The amount of something produced by a person, machine, or industry. Symbol for hydrogen.
3. An agent noun suffix. Grasp or seize suddenly and roughly. Belonging to me.
4. A drink made by adding hot water to tea leaves or tea bags. Used instead of 'a'. To make a continuous low sound.
5. A flexible or spring-loaded device for holding an object or objects together or in place. The bottom part of an object, on which it rests.
6. Ego. Rubber compound fixed to rims of vehicles.
7. At all or in the least. To such a great extent. Mother.
8. An abbreviation for information technology. A constitutional right to reject a decision or proposal made by a lawmaking body. Pronoun used to refer to the person speaking or writing.
9. Large (as a clothes size). A long curved fruit which grows in clusters and has soft pulpy flesh and yellow skin when ripe. An.
10. A chivalrous, courteous, or honourable man.