CROSSWORD No 50
1. Adverb used in comparisons to refer to the extent or degree of something. Not in good health. A wall that is built across a river in order to stop the water flowing and to make a lake.
2. A detailed proposal for doing or achieving something. A country in southern Europe.
3. One of the poisonous substances contained in tobacco. Maliciousness involving the desire to harm another.
4. Step. A strong open vehicle with two or four wheels, typically used for carrying loads and pulled by a horse.
5. Symbol for second. Separate into pieces as a result of a blow, shock, or strain. Used before a verb to show that it is in the infinitive.
6. A third person singular pronoun. A person who is fully grown or developed. Used to mean zero.
7. Facile. Clean, tidy.
8. Apparition. The small spherical seed of the pod fruit Pisum sativum.
9. Lonely. Cogwheel.
10. Recently developed. Before the present. The top-level Internet domain for Montenegro.
1. Appropriate. A pronoun. Form of 'a'.
2. Suddenly and directly, especially with great force. A large bird of prey with a massive hooked bill and long broad wings.
3. A member of a Semitic people, originally from the Arabian peninsula and neighbouring territories. To make, be, or become visible.
4. Inside. A pencil or stick of coloured chalk or wax, used for drawing.
5. Large (as a clothes size). The unit of reproduction of a flowering plant, capable of developing into another such plant. The salty water that covers about three-quarters of the Earth's surface.
6. Either of the two fleshy parts which form the upper and lower edges of the opening of the mouth. The sister of one's father or mother. The seventh letter of the alphabet.
7. To touch someone lightly with your fingers, making them slightly uncomfortable and often making them laugh. To move or travel somewhere.
8. Information in the form of facts or statistics that you can analyse. A recording on a cassette or reel.
9. Vigilantly attentive. A group of players forming one side in a competitive game or sport.
10. The first person singular possessive determiner. To a higher degree than is desirable, permissible, or possible. Form of be.