CROSSWORD No 69
1. Cogwheel. Similarly.
2. The symbol for oxygen. The smaller and more important of the two parts of the parliament in some countries, for example the United States and Australia. The third letter of the alphabet.
3. An agent noun suffix. A person who comes from Poland. Preposition: 'as far as'.
4. Uninhabited and desolate. Used as a formal and polite way of speaking to a man.
5. The hardy Eurasian climbing plant which yields pods containing peas. Produce or generate a result, gain, or financial return.
6. A period of about four weeks. Abbreviation for meteorological.
7. Works produced by human creative skill and imagination. An object, usually a piece of rubber or plastic, which is used for removing something that has been written using a pencil or a pen.
8. A third person singular pronoun. Batrachian. Accomplish.
9. The symbol for nitrogen. Concealed. A human blood type of the ABO group.
10. Groups, collections. A group of things that are of the same type or that share similar qualities.
1. Having the required qualities. Larger, more important, or having more influence than others of the same type.
2. Vowel. News. The nineteenth letter of the English alphabet.
3. Preposition used to refer to the function or character that someone or something has. The past participle of send. A third person singular pronoun.
4. Say again something one has already said. Install or fix something into place.
5. A grammatical conjunction. Droves.
6. Tasting of, containing, or preserved with salt. A thin straight bar, especially of wood or metal.
7. The past tense of eat. Pictures.
8. Pronoun used to refer to himself or herself. Watches. A negative answer.
9. The fifth letter of the English alphabet. Sloping or inclining at an angle. The eighteenth letter of the alphabet.
10. Thin, flexible string or rope made from several twisted strands. The part of a plant that grows under the ground.