CROSSWORD No 70
1. Put or keep out of sight. An area in a desert where there is water and trees can grow.
2. A purpose for which something is used. To move very slowly or in a lot of short stages. Temperature.
3. Fashion, vogue. Feel or cause to feel in need of rest or sleep.
4. A profession or occupation chosen as one's life's work. The hardy Eurasian climbing plant which yields pods containing peas.
5. Pronoun used to refer to a man, boy, or male animal previously mentioned or easily identified. Having or showing an excessively high opinion of one's appearance, abilities, or worth. The symbol for americium.
6. Untruth. A hinged, sliding, or revolving barrier at the entrance to a building, room, or vehicle.
7. The fifth letter of the English alphabet. A mythical monster like a giant reptile. Phosphorus.
8. A feeling of reverential respect mixed with fear or wonder. Of or for older or more experienced people.
9. Express gratitude to someone. Be in debt.
10. Alone. Causing laughter or amusement.
1. A wooden structure that rabbits or other small pet animals are kept in. Third person singular of the present tense of the verb to eat.
2. A country in western Asia. What person?.
3. Stag. Representing an abstract or hypothetical optimum.
4. Abbreviation for electronic . Not ever. Abbreviation for number.
5. Concept. Say something in order to obtain an answer or some information.
6. Preposition. A long, narrow hilltop, mountain range, or watershed. Fahrenheit.
7. Something that you do. Twelve o'clock in the day. Uranium.
8. A large sailing vessel with three or more square-rigged masts. A swollen edible bulb used as a vegetable, having a pungent taste and smell and composed of several concentric layers.
9. The Roman numeral for one. The area or position that lies at the back. Belonging to oneself.
10. The vapour into which water is converted when heated, forming a white mist of minute water droplets in the air. An animal that is hunted and killed by another for food.