CROSSWORD No 76
1. Batrachian. Used to refer back to a particular person or thing that has been mentioned or implied.
2. The ninth letter of the alphabet. Treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination. A round, green seed, several of which grow in a pod, eaten as a vegetable.
3. After that. A state of great anxiety or agitation. Conjunction used to indicate that something happens during the time when something else is taking.
4. A black substance, sticky when hot, used especially for making roads. Watches. .
5. A metal container which is filled with food and sealed in order to preserve the food for long periods of time. Actions.
6. One of a pair of coverings for your feet, usually made of a strong material. Fresh.
7. Symbol for hydrogen. An open pastry case with a filling, usually of something sweet such as fruit. The outer, often curved or circular, edge of something.
8. The object form of we. A part or division of a building enclosed by walls, floor, and ceiling. Abbreviation for number.
9. A type of vessel that maneuvers other vessels by pushing or pulling them. The small, soft, white pieces of ice that sometimes fall from the sky when it is cold. Oxygen.
10. A natural dark spot or small dark lump on someone's skin. Repair something that is broken or damaged.
1. Clenched hand. Close.
2. Roentgen. A solemn promise, often invoking a divine witness, regarding one's future action or behaviour. The total amount resulting from the addition of two or more numbers.
3. Preposition. Turmoil. Leave, depart.
4. A substance like air that is neither liquid nor solid and burns easily. Nearby. Large (as a clothes size).
5. Of, belonging to, or associated in some way with it. Reddish-pink in colour.
6. A perennial plant with an elongated stem, or trunk, supporting branches and leaves. A unit of weight equal to 1,000 kilograms.
7. A consonant. To have clothing on your body. Mother.
8. Short for Internet Protocol. A mark left on part of the body after an injury, such as a cut, has healed. Us.
9. Ocean. One of two children or animals born at the same birth. Used in mathematics to mean a number whose value is not known or not stated.
10. Third person singular of the present tense of the verb to ask. A temporary state of mind or feeling.