CROSSWORD No 78
1. Uttered through the medium of speech.
2. A shape produced by a curve that bends round and crosses itself. A part of the trunk or a large branch of a tree that has fallen or been cut off.
3. To perform or complete a deed or action. Sheet. While.
4. An end or final part of something. Employ.
5. More than one foot. Belonging to oneself. A consonant.
6. In music, it is the third note in the scale of C major. Wager. Sit on and control the movement of an animal, typically a horse.
7. Works produced by human creative skill and imagination. A person who is in charge of and determines the final content of a newspaper, magazine, or multi-author book.
8. Until. To stay in one place or remain inactive in expectation of something. She and I.
9. What person?. A tube that carries blood to the heart from the other parts of the body.
10. Place, fit, or push something into something else.
1. Win a victory over someone in a battle or other contest.
2. Having no companions. A number of people or things in a more or less straight line.
3. Very greatly. A sum of money that is owed or due. Friendly greeting.
4. Having or showing behaviour that is respectful and considerate of other people. Finished first.
5. Not closed or blocked. Beverage prepared by infusing leaves of popular consumption in Britain. A consonant.
6. . Earlier. Plunge head first into water with one's arms raised over one's head.
7. An imaginary being, often like a small person with pointed ears, in popular stories. A person who has written something or who writes in a particular way.
8. Not one. A single thing or a separate part of something larger. Internet top-level domain for Italy.
9. A substance like air. Towards or in a lower place or position, especially to or on the ground or another surface.