CROSSWORD No 83
1. A specially shaped piece of wood used for hitting the ball in some games. The state of being without or not having enough of something.
2. Advantage. Used in mathematics to mean a number whose value is not known or not stated.
3. Abbreviation for 'His Eminence'. An area of land used for a particular purpose or business. Make.
4. To say another thing. Of or belonging to me. Allow.
5. A large, cylindrical container usually used for storing liquids. A substance in a form like air that is neither solid nor liquid.
6. A single person or thing. Having become aware of (something illicit or secret.
7. Any of the five separate parts at the end of the foot. While. A long and distinct period of history.
8. Ante meridiem. A plan made in secret by a group of people to do something illegal or harmful. Conjunction used to join rephrasings of the same thing.
9. Phosphorus. At or to a point equidistant between two others.
10. Departure. A unit of weight that is equal to 2240 pounds in Britain and to 2000 pounds in the United States.
1. The past tense of have. A narrow strip of material, typically used to hold or fasten something.
2. A room for sleeping in. The twenty-fourth letter of the alphabet.
3. To exist or live. A mound or ridge of drifted sand, occurring on the sea coast and in deserts. Hello.
4. At all or in the least. The object form of the pronoun I. A compact mass of soft material.
5. A number of people who do something together as a group. Each and every.
6. To cook food in hot oil or fat. Easy to mould, cut, compress, or fold.
7. The top crust of a pie. To move or travel somewhere. The first prime number.
8. Preposition to indicate the place or event where something happens or is situated. A narrow road, especially in the country. The form of the indefinite article used before words beginning with a vowel sound.
9. The first note in the scale of C major. End the existence of something by damaging or attacking it.
10. An ornamental ribbon. An implement used for water-borne propulsion.