CROSSWORD No 96
1. A narrow strip of semi-rigid material worn underfoot to glide over snow. Not quite.
2. Temperature. A bird, usually grey in colour, which has a fat body. A consonant.
3. Preposition used to refer to the function or character that someone or something has. A short time away in the future. A preposition.
4. Corrode, oxidize. A hoofed grazing or browsing animal, with branched bony antlers that are shed annually and typically borne only by the male.
5. Verse composition. Yes.
6. Without any extraneous and unnecessary elements. Ingest.
7. Used to emphasize how small or insignificant someone or something is. Having an effect on or involving a large number of people or forming a large amount.
8. Conjunction. A mark left on part of the body after an injury, such as a cut, has healed. Preposition: 'as far as'.
9. Symbol for second. A substance that is found in foods such as bread, potatoes, pasta, and rice and gives you energy. Day(s).
10. The first prime number. At or to the far side of something, typically so as to be hidden by it.
1. Pentagram. Almost all.
2. The symbol for potassium. An evening meal, typically a light or informal one. Abbreviation for watt.
3. Short for Internet Protocol. Having a rancid or unwholesome smell. To such a great extent.
4. The feeling of wanting to know or learn about something or someone.
5. Length of life. The top-level Internet domain for Montenegro. A taxi.
6. To control a group of people, a country, or a situation. An adult female horse.
7. A greater or additional amount or degree. A structure that is curved at the top and is supported on either side by a pillar, post, or wall.
8. Working. Organs of sight. Exclamation used as an informal greeting, usually to people who you know.
9. Used to form the plural of nouns. Chest. Used more generally to represent a number that is not known or exact.
10. To attempt to do something. In the direction of. Queer.